Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Country Living Magazine Feature

Let me just say, I will never, and I repeat, NEVER get used to seeing my name and my home on other people's websites or in magazines.  Never.

The surprise and shock is always genuine and it usually takes a while for reality to set in.  Anyone that takes the time, effort and money to design a space in their home then update it, loves the result most of the time.  When we bought our outdated, waterfront cottage 18 months ago, our goal was to create a space that represents our personal style, that is comfortable and cozy, and is what we feel is beautiful.





The design world is extremely subjective (just read a few of the nasty comments about the kitchen...yikes).  Everyone has different tastes and styles and with so many amazing makeovers out on the blogosphere and in printed magazines, I never thought in a million years, our kitchen makeover would catch the eye of any design blogs and/or magazines.  I love the final result but it is my design, my project and my kitchen (there could be some bias in there).  It is what I want and what I think is pretty.

So last night, I was watching The Apprentice and eating a banana, strawberry, raspberry smoothie in my pj's relaxing after a long day.  My friend texted me saying she saw my kitchen on Country Living Magazine's Facebook feed.  Sorry, what?!  She said she recognized it immediately. (Is it weird that people who have never been in my home can recognize it on the internet?)  So I scrambled to the computer and sure enough, I see my kitchen on their Facebook feed.  Shocked is the only word I can come up with.  Blittle and I could not read the article fast enough.

It is a great article/feature about the kitchen and an overall description of what we did.  Another friend commented "Gets me every time" and that is a great way to put it.  It does get me every time.  My name and my blog's name on Country Living's website...AAHH!  CRAZY!



To read the Country Living article click here-->  http://cntry.lv/6184Izgu

To see all the before/after pictures and details of the kitchen click here-->  http://bit.ly/1gnU9zJ

I have to give huge credit and a big thank you to Jessica of Ever & Anon.  She did an amazing job with the after photos.  They are gorgeous!  If any of you live in the Houston area and are looking for a great family/wedding photographer,  I highly recommend Jessica.  You can check out her work on her website or her Facebook page.  To see pictures from our family session with her click here--> http://bit.ly/1JVXQWo.

Not going to lie...I feel some pressure with the master bathroom remodel.  Is it going to be as pretty as the kitchen?  Hopefully.  There are a few details I still need to work out but I have the vision in my head...just got to make it happen.

Happy Tuesday, everyone and thank you for reading.  I have many new readers but some of you have been with me since the beginning and have experienced my growing pains.  Thank you for being patient and sticking with me.  :)

 photo Signature_zps5473e161.png

13 comments:

  1. As soon as the before picture came up on my FB newsfeed from Country Living Magazine I knew it was your kitchen. I'm glad you blogged about it Kaylor because I wanted to say that I also saw some of the comments and found them to be totally out of line, incredibly rude and thoughtless.
    Your kitchen makeover is by far my favourite ever. It's a beautifully executed upgrade on a realistic budget. I'm not sure if I want white cabinets OR don't want white cabinets or if the whole world is completely nuts with their seemingly insatiable need to debate the merits or lack there of of white cabinets. I just know that you totally nailed the makeover of your kitchen and no matter what I end up doing with mine yours will always inspire me. It really is beautiful work and it thoroughly deserves, you deserve, to be featured on Country Living Magazine. I loved seeing it again. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words. I really appreciate it. At the end of the day, I feel that as long as we love it (and it functions), that's all that matters. I have a strong personality and the unnecessary comments do not hurt my feelings but I know others are much more sensitive than I am and it could discourage them from future products or question things they have already done. It is flattering to see so many people come to my defense after some of those comments. Personally, I don't think its worth my time. I love my kitchen AND I have been featured by several design blogs and magazines. Apparently I did something right. :)

      Delete
  2. That is awesome for you! I think you deserve it, that kitchen is beautiful. I have dealt with some not so nice comments, and it is hard. It seems personal because it is your space. I also would never negatively comment on something. If I did not like it I would not comment, I understand not everyone will agree. But I don't get the need to be mean. The feature is awesome, that is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am the same. If I don't like it, I don't comment. Yes, I know everyone has a right to their own opinion, good and bad, but I personally do not feel the need to add negative comments. Plus, as a DIYer, I appreciate the work that goes into a project. Even if I don't really like the end result, I respect the effort and energy that goes into a makeover.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitchen design is the most desirable activities by any home-owner. The information you have shared is very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great furniture decoration, never expected will suit all Modular Kitchen Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  6. navigate to these guys bags replica gucci look at here now replica bags china check out the post right here replica ysl

    ReplyDelete
  7. go to this website buy replica bags my latest blog post Chrome-Hearts Dolabuy visit this site right here Goyard Dolabuy

    ReplyDelete