Thursday, October 10, 2013

Kitchen Reveal

UPDATE:  Click here to see the most recent pictures of the kitchen.


Hi, y'all!  Reveal day is here!  Finally!

We are doing what we call at our house "The big trout dance!"  Really it can be any fish but it started with trout.  Now its redfish, bonefish or inserting other words like "We bought a house dance" or "The kitchen is done dance"....you get the drift.  If you have never seen it, check it out in the video below.


Lesson learned from this video.
  
Other than bonefishing in The Bahamas, this was the best day of fishing EVER!  I was getting sick, really sick, but ignored it and pushed through.  The price for the day of fishing was I missed 4 days of work that week, I was sick for my birthday weekend which my brother and his GF came to visit, and my husband had video proof that I was a dancing dork! Not my best week but the gigantor fish was worth it.  The lesson is, never and I mean NEVER forget that a GoPro has a 178 degree view.  Meaning, if you are in front of it, it can see you.   If you do forget or think it can't see you, things like this happen.  SIDE NOTE:  That is not how I really dance...just when I am joking around.  The dance is at 2:09 and again at the end but the entire video is great.  ENJOY!









Back to the kitchen since that is why you are really here.


So we have "big trout danced", celebrated, stared in disbelief, and stared some more.  I think it is finally sinking in that the kitchen is finished AND it is better than we could have imagined.  I wish I had better photography skills because the photos just aren't doing the kitchen justice.  I have a lot to learn about lighting and settings and such.  I did get a few decent shots and now it is time to share!


A few before pics and reminders of what we wanted to change:












And now this is what it looks like.








































I still can't believe it.  It turned out so beautiful.  All the hard work paid off.  I never thought I would ever have such an amazing kitchen to work in.   


Here are links to progress pictures and product details:




Hinges and Knobs (sink and faucet info is in this post)

Countertops  (DIY Tutorial is HERE)


Tile was purchased at The Flooring Design Center in Beaumont, TX.  This brand must be purchased through a dealer.  Just email the company for a dealer near you.  

WARNING:  This was not cheap tile. It fit into our budget but wasn't a bargain purchase.
      
           Brand: SOHO Studio
           Color: Natural White Polished
           Size: 4 x12




MISC Kitchen Posts:



Flooring - This is the only thing we did not DIY.  
                 MetroFlor Konecto Engage in Woodland Oak was installed by Floors for Living.  
                 Contact Chris Cagle at (281)-356-6706.  



If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.  Thanks to everyone who have been following the transformation of our home for the support and words of encouragement.  Thanks to my parents and my in-laws for helping with some projects.  Thank you to BLittle, my husband, for being patient with me on the bad days (and the good) and for helping me on projects even though you weren't sure about them.  And thank you to my "therapist", best friend, and sister from another mister, Jessica, for talking me off the ledge a few times.







SHARING AT:

Savvy Southern Style

Between Naps on the Porch

Work It Wednesday


A Stroll Thru Life
Kitchen Table Art

MinettesMazeDIY Show Off







                                                           

                                                   



                                                           

                                                   

56 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful !!! The transformation is amazing . All your colors and choices have made a kitchen to work in and be so proud . You and your husband are blessed without a doubt .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I had that same rug in my kitchen...until Charlee ate it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We are passed the chewing days (occasionally I will come home to a random item on the floor) but I still remember them very well. It will get better. She is a beautiful dog!

      Delete
  3. I love your kitchen! It's so bright and roomy.

    I must say - the glass tiles and counter tops are my favorite. They make the kitchen look unique and give that personal touch. I also really love the hardware - the glass knobs give a wonderful vintage, classy touch.

    Love love love.

    Thank you for sharing - and linking up!!

    ~ Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the fishing video....too cool. But, the kitchen just blew me away....you're talented! Btw....my table looks great! Thanks again....gayle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad you are enjoying the table.

      Delete
  5. Absolutely amazing! I love how much white paint can change and kitchen. I love your counters and backsplash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kaylor! Your kitchen transformation is fabulous! I love the soothing color of your glass tile back splash. Fantastic job!

    If you're interested, I'd love if you shared this at Gingerly Made's Show & Tell party going on right now. http://www.gingerlymade.com/2013/10/show-tell-47.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful! You did a great job on the project and on photographing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so beautiful! You did amazing work! - sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love the counter top, hardware, and backsplash! Visiting from Remodelaholic.
    Yvonne @ Sunnyside Up-stairs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great redo! I love it! The paint and hardware make such a big difference. Our weekly Super Saturday Link Party is live. We would love to have you join us with any of your great ideas. It would make us so happy to have you on board. http://www.madefrompinterest.net/2013/10/super-saturday-link-party-14/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is this for real? That CANNOT be the same cabinets in the same kitchen! Holy cow what you guys did is extraordinary! Besides the fact that you did it DIY, but everything you did and picked was so perfect. Congrats on this gorgeous new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Over from DIY Showoff. Magnificent job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word, what an unbelievable transformation. Your redo is gorgeous. I love it all. I would love for you to link up to Inspire Me this afternoon. Party goes live at 2:30 PT. www.astrollthrulife.net Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will be sure to visit and link up! Thanks for the invite.

      Delete
  14. that is amazing! very impressed with the changes you made and what a difference the end result is. it looks like a larger kitchen but you didn't expand the space at all. great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Kendra. And thank you for the compliments.

      Delete
  15. It looks great -so crisp and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty kitchen re-do!
    I'm loving your beautiful blue backsplash
    and the white cabinets, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely beautiful! I love the backsplash, that is exactly what I want!! Thanks for linking to Diy Sunday Showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have done wonders with this space. It looks beautiful. I especially like the subway tiles. I am feeling inspired to do something with my dark little kitchen after seeing the wonderful job you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your kitchen is just gorgeous! the counter depth fridge makes a big difference...but the colors are beautiful and it really opens up the entire space. Love it!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE this kitchen before and after Kaylor! (you know how much I love before and afters). that tile is so fab. featuring you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Kaylor. I just wanted to let you know that I'm featuring this kitchen makeover post at our Making Monday link party. :) It goes live Sunday 8pm eastern and runs for 7 days. So come take a look and link up some more of your great projects. http://www.abrightandbeautifullife.com/making-monday-10/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will be sure to share the link and post some more projects. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  22. Wow! Simply stunning! You did an amazing job on the kitchen. You will be one of the fan favorites tomorrow at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party. Pop on in tomorrow to grab your button and see your feature. Have a great weekend. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting again, Kathryn. I'll be sure to grab my button and spread the word. Thanks for featuring me.

      Delete
  23. Wow! That is amazing! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. One of the best kitchen makeovers we have seen. Does not look like the same room! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You've been featured on Give Me The Goods!
    Hugs,
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. So beautiful!!!!! Love the color of your backsplash! You did a fabulous job! Found you via So Much Better With Age.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Found you through your feature on Give Me The Goods, I LOVE your kitchen revamp! Fabulous job - pinned:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. you have done wonders with the spaces.The counter depth fridge makes a big difference but the makeover is just excellent.
    granite worktops

    ReplyDelete
  29. Found you through Google + and that led me to this post. I love the way your kitchen turned out. I've been wanting to do this to my furdowns in the kitchen forever. This has me convinced it needs to move up on my project list. Your kitchen is sooooo gorgeous now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I can't believe this is the same space! I love it. I came over since I saw a photo at DIY showoff and I was IN LOVE with those light fixtures.. and now that I see your 'befores' my jaw is on the floor.. It is ALL so beautiful. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Kaylor, your kitchen re-do is AMAZING! Looking at your before pictures...is like leaning my head around the corner and looking at my own kitchen, now. Ah! or should I say, BLAH! Dark cabinets, orange countertop, terrible can lighting above sink. Needless to say, I just seen my 1979 kitchen turned into your DIY kitchen, and I LOVE IT! Really love how you did the crown molding and chair rail. I searched and searched to figure out what to do with that "fur" space as you put it. Looks so classy and clean and BRIGHT! My question is, did you use a roller or brush for your cabinet doors? They look so smooth. Thank you for inspiring me. :) Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jessica. Thanks for your sweet words. Sometimes I still can't believe its my kitchen. :)

      The cabinets, cabinet insides and doors were all sprayed. I hate brush strokes and refinishing furniture is my job so I invested in a paint sprayer several years ago. Here is the post about painting the cabinets. http://fishermanswifefurniture.blogspot.com/2013/10/painting-kitchen-cabinets.html

      Good luck with your kitchen!

      Delete
  32. This make over is absolutely amazing. The tile is to die for and I love the treatment of installing trim over the soffit, which makes the whole room look so high-end and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The tile is one of my favorites too. It was a splurge but totally worth it. :)

      Delete
  33. Here from Better After..... cute dancing!! HA!! Great fishing!! Absoultely beautiful kitchen.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Saw you on Better After. I LOVE the aqua backsplash, it's so pretty and just the right amount of color. Also, love the glass knobs, so fun. Great job on the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, amazing transformation! Love the backsplash, the "new" cabinets and of course, the moldings ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cristina. If you didn't see the updated post, please check it out. http://fishermanswifefurniture.blogspot.com/2014/05/kitchen-reveal-update.html The pictures are so much better! I love your blog. Thanks for posting such great tutorials and sharing your ideas. My kitchen wouldn't be like it is without the info I got from you.

      Delete