Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday Update - 02/06/2015

Do y'all ever have a week where it feels like a Monday every day?  That was my life this week.  Not that fun and not that productive.  I went to bed at 8:40 on Wednesday night after falling asleep on the couch before that.  Something about this week was off and I couldn't seem to get focused.  Hopefully, after a relaxing weekend I will be ready for next week's to do list.

I did get a few things done so it wasn't a total waste of a week but I feel like the list got longer instead of shorter.



FURNITURE:

The dining room table top is stained and looking gorgeous.



There was a problem with the legs....they are not solid wood.



The client has decided to have the spindles painted a white/cream and the base will be stained.  I think it is a great choice and is still going to beautiful when finished.

Last week I mentioned I was making some chairs out of old doors and I was able to get them finished.    They are really neat.






MASTER BATH:

Not much has happened this week.  The shower pan came in and we made sure it fit the space.  Just by putting it in place the room was brighter and felt bigger!




After the shower pan came in I realized my white tiles did not match my white shower pan.  I knew this could happen but I had my fingers crossed it wouldn't.  I guess I didn't cross hard enough or something.  The shower pan white makes my tiles look dingy so they have to go back.  I did find a whiter tile for about the same price but the size is a little different.  Not the end of the world but annoying.  Also, the new tiles are not made in the USA and the previous tiles were.  Not the end of the world but annoying.

Another layer of subfloor was put down where the tub used to be to bring it level with the rest of the room.  Also, I added 2x4's where the shower door will go so it will have a secure place to be anchored.  The shower fixtures and valves have been ordered and I am waiting for them to come in so the plumber can get to work.

I have decided on paint colors and even got the ceiling painted!  Wall color will go on soon.  I found medicine cabinets I like that are within the budget but I am still looking for a sink.


MISC:

One of my goals for the next few months is to update the look of the blog.  New color scheme, maybe change a few things on my side bar, and I need to add some new tutorials and furniture makeovers.   What would y'all like me to add or change?  What do you like and dislike?  I like it when things stay simple and I feel my side bar is a little cluttered.  Also, I want to update my banner with some more recent pictures.

And that's really about it for this week.  Hopefully, next week will be more productive and things will be a little easier.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!









3 comments: