Monday, December 2, 2013

Overflowing with Thankfulness....and Furniture

What a week!   I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday with friends and family.  My husband and I traveled to Southeast Texas Thanksgiving day to see my family, then traveled to central Texas on Saturday to visit his family.  For black Friday, I stayed home and worked.  I hate shopping so staying up super late, standing in line, and risking my life is not for me.

It was a big, BIG week for Fisherman's Wife Furniture!  I was featured by Furniture Flippin' on Wednesday (Read post here) and then my guess post for Remodelaholic was published on Saturday (Read that post here).  I am extremely thankful for both of these companies recognizing my (and my husband) hard work and creativity and helping me grow my business.  There are not enough "thank you"s to anyone that spreads the word about Fisherman's Wife Furniture!



Now that the holiday is over, it is time to get to work...double time!  I have to make up for my lazy week last week.   My shop is busting at the seams with furniture and boats.  It is a good thing to be busy with business but my poor shop is full.  I have a project I can't show you because it is a Christmas surprise,  all 3 Drexel pieces waiting to be painted (read about them here), a client entertainment center (a huge dresser), a client side table, and 2 end tables for me.  Plus we have a boat we are building in the shop plus 2 boats in the driveway along with our 2 trucks.  THINGS ARE TIGHT.  I can't wait to get things moving today!  Here are some pictures of the projects waiting to be made over!

The Drexel China Cabinet was purchased yesterday!  It is going to be so light and pretty when its finished.






The 2 Drexel dressers have a possible home as a matching set.  They are going to be gorgeous if the deal goes through.  The buyer wants a color I have never done before so I am super excited about it!  









I have a return client that is wants this small end table painted for a nursery.....







and this dresser turned into an entertainment center.






And now to some special pieces.  My mom found some end tables a few weeks ago and thought I would like them.  She texted me a few pictures and as soon as I saw them, I said yes...buy them now!  I have been on the hunt for some larger, good quality end tables for our guest room and these are it.  Solid wood.  Large tops.  Great character.  LOVE.  The hunt is over.  I can't wait to show y'all the transformation!  And y'all will be able to see the guest room soon!






These tables are super heavy.  I found this stamp under one of the drawers.  They are solid maple!



I love when I find dates!




With the super busy week ahead, I am hoping to have tons of photos and have plenty of posts over the next week or two but with the super busy week, I might neglect the blog a little the next few days.  Sorry in advance.  Be sure to follow me on Facebook to see quick updates and progress photos.  Remember, Facebook doesn't always show small business updates on your news feed.  Be sure to hover over the "Like" button and click "Get Notifications" if you want to see all my page activity.


I hope everyone has a great and productive Monday!

 photo Signature_zps5473e161.png
 photo googleplustitanium_zps7c045137.png  photo rsstitanium_zps86d5562c.png  photo emailtitanium_zpsf8419ff0.png

No comments:

Post a Comment