Sunday, December 2, 2012

M.I.A.

I know I have been missing in action when it comes to the blog.  As usual, things are super busy and I have put things on the back burner and the blog was the first one to go back there.  It is 5:51 A.M. on a Sunday morning and I am super sick, my Nyquil wore off, so I am laying on the couch with nothing better to do so I thought now was a perfect time to update everyone.

First off, I did go fishing with my husband yesterday even though I woke up not feeling 100%.  I knew I was getting sick but pushed through so I could spend some time with him and practice my fly casting.  I caught my personal best red fish on fly rod and it was so amazing.  This morning I am definitely paying the consequences for being out in the sun and wind all day yesterday but I feel it was worth it.  Here is a picture of my big fish of the day.



I have been working on a large 9-drawer dresser with mirror this week.  It is a beautiful Bassett dresser that needs some updating.  Overall it was in good shape but the color and paint quality was horrible.  The client decided to go with a two-tone look with it.  The top will be stained a dark color to match her current bedroom set and the body will be painted Ivory White by Benjamin Moore (we all know he is my favorite).

Here are a few before pictures:


Can we say huge!?

It has beautiful detail on the drawers.

 
Here is a sneak peek of the after:



It is going to be a great makeover and I should have it finished by the weekend and posted soon. 

There is a lot going on over the next few weeks.  The office is almost complete and that reveal should be posted this week.  We are approaching the Christmas break for me (I teach) so things are slowing down a little at work and hopefully I can keep up with posting updates more over the next few weeks.  I also have a HUGE, and I mean crazy, huge announcement I am going to make this weekend.  Very exciting stuff so check back soon.

1 comment: