Friday, October 10, 2014

The Coastal Kitchen Makeover - One Year Later

One year ago today, I revealed the first DIY kitchen update.  One year.  Where did it go?!  There have been many exciting things happen over the past year because of the kitchen.  Things that I never thought would happen to me.  Things that I didn't even think to think of.  Sometimes life is weird and crazy.

In late May, right before the magazine feature was out, I posted new pictures of the kitchen.  That post was to show the small details and decor I was added to give the space a little more character and the polished, finished look.






The kitchen has held up well.  It is definitely a kitchen that is used and not just for show.  I cook almost every night and mostly from scratch.  Plus working from home, I am usually making myself breakfast and lunch as well.  Over the year, the space has been broken in and our product choices have been tested for sure.

The only thing I am slightly disappointed in is the dishwasher.  I had read that LG dishwashers were good but not great.  LG is still considered a new company to appliances.  I chose them because of the stove.  I wanted a high BTU, 5 burner stove with a double convection ovens.  LG offered the highest BTU burners with all the other options.  All the other appliances have been amazing and I am extremely pleased with them but the dishwasher is ok.  Good but not great is an accurate description.




We are still absolutely in love with the space and the house.  It has changed so much in the 16 months we have been here.  I am looking forward to updating our bathrooms and finishing the inside of the house.  They are the last "big" projects we have inside and I can't wait to see their transformations.

And for my new readers or those of you that missed it, here is my finished kitchen.  To see before pictures, click here.




























Thanks again to Jessica, with Ever & Anon Photography, for the amazing pictures.  I can't wait to finish the house and have her take more beautiful photos!


See more of our home makeovers and updates here.

Have a great weekend everyone!


 photo Signature_zps5473e161.png
 photo googleplustitanium_zps7c045137.png  photo rsstitanium_zps86d5562c.png  photo emailtitanium_zpsf8419ff0.png

5 comments:

  1. Your backsplash looks like it has some green/blue in it but it is called Natural White. I love the color, but I am not sure if the photos show it greener?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The natural white does have a tint. You know how glass coke bottles have a little green tint to them? It is similar to that. The pictures above are professional and very accurate. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful kitchen!! Perfect choices in everything! I've painted kitchen cabinets three times and I know they are a ton of work!! You have outdone yourself!! Can you tell me what size your kitchen is? I am wanting to to add a kitchen to the end of a mobile home and this is how I dream it would look like! Thanks! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! My kitchen is not that big. Wall to Wall (width) 9' 7" and Back Wall to End of Refrigerator Enclosure (length) 10' 8".

      Delete
  3. It seriously your kitchen looks like it came from a magazine! I love all the little details too!

    ReplyDelete