Thursday, February 6, 2014

Painted, Distressed, Glazed Dresser & End Tables






It is ridiculously cold again.  Ugh!  I am ready to migrate farther South.  My productivity depends on the weather and not being able to get as much done as I would like, is irritating.  Plus, I like being outside, working on pieces in the driveway and be able to open the shop up but I can't do that with these ridiculous temperatures and north wind.  Yikes.  This really has been one of the coldest winters I can remember.  It hasn't let up and I think I might be going crazy from it,  Is that possible?  Going crazy from cold weather?

Even with the bad weather the past few weeks, I was able to stay on schedule with the next project.  A beautiful Ethan Allen dresser and end tables were brought to me for a face lift.  The pieces were in great condition and were pretty as is, but looked a little dated.  The client wanted them refinished to look like my grandmother's dresser that I use as a buffet.  These were perfect for this type of transformation.  The dresser and end tables have beautiful details and edges for the glaze to highlight.  I love this makeover.

Before:














After:












They are so pretty!  Next up on my schedule is a Duncan Phyfe buffet.  The client and I have been looking for this piece for months and she finally found one.  I can't wait to get started on it's makeover.

Sorry for the lack of blog posts but the cold and rain hurts my productivity.  I have been working on a few inside projects but I am not ready to show them to y'all.  I hope everyone has a great weekend.


 photo Signature_zps5473e161.png
 photo googleplustitanium_zps7c045137.png  photo rsstitanium_zps86d5562c.png  photo emailtitanium_zpsf8419ff0.png

Sharing at:


Wow Us Wednesdays52 MantelsThe Makers Link Party, Work it Wednesday
Little Friday Link Up,Redoux Link Party, S.T.Y.L.E Link Party, Power of Paint Party, Treasure Hunt Thursday

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful transformation -
    I have the almost identical dresser in my bedroom ( redone also )
    Wish I had the mirror now that I see yours !
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you brightened up those pieces! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the color and the glazing!! Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a transformation! These look really great! xo

    Daniela
    Put A Bird On It
    http://iputabirdonit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god! That's amazing! How did you get that shadow effect around the edges?? I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I absolutely love this! Is there a tutorial? I badly need to update our dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really inspirational to hear someone pursuing their dreams and becoming successful instead of following the traditional path. I have read your article about This topic. I think it's good and impressed to know your service. Thanks for share this Information.
    หิ้งพระ

    ReplyDelete