When it was really cold last week, I was tired of not being productive so I primed the elevator with no clue on how I was going to paint it. It was a project I could do inside and stay warm so I went for it.
I sanded the floor down to the bare wood, stained it walnut and used my leftover Waterlox to seal it.
For the walls, I decided to do huge stripes. I had some Frog Tape Shape Tape in wave on hand from another project I never did so I used it instead of straight edge tape. Just a small detail to give it a different look. :)
Also, a small but drastic change, I put a bright white light bulb in it. They are the way to go people. Get rid of that yucky yellow lighting.
Everything used for this project was stuff I already had. Left over wall paint. Left over furniture paint. Left over stains and sealers. Tape I never used. So it was free...kind of. I didn't have to purchase new products.
The final product is pretty and it no longer feels like a coffin.
Put A Bird On It, Making Home Base, Life in Velvet, The Dedicated House, Minesttes Maze