Thursday, November 21, 2013

Drexel, Bow Front Pieces


I know I haven't posted all week but honestly, I haven't had anything to post.  :(

A project I am working on now is a gift so I can't show pictures or talk about it which makes me sad because it is really cute.  I can't wait to show y'all.   Another project I am working on is prepping a boat for new paint.  Also,  Blittle and I started building a boat for a friend.   I didn't really think y'all would be interested in our boat projects so I haven't said much about them.

I did decide to put my available pieces in a store located near my neighborhood.  It is called Southern Shores Resale.  It is a cute store with all kinds of decor items for a reasonable price.  If you are in the area check it out!  It is located at 3129 Highway 6, Bayou Vista, Texas 77563.



I know y'all will be interested in what I found the other day!  I found 3 Drexel, solid wood, bow front pieces!  A 12-drawer dresser, a china cabinet and a 5-drawer chest of drawers.  They all need A LOT of work but are all salvageable.  They have real brass handles and so much potential!  I can't believe they have been so neglected.  It is sad to see them in such bad shape. Especially the china cabinet.  It is in the worst condition and had things that I don't even want to talk about hidden inside.  Yuck.  I am hoping to finish the chest of drawers this week and it will be available for purchase.  If anybody is interested in the china cabinet let me know.

















Amazing right?!  I have a lot of work for this weekend, which strangely I find exciting.

I hope everyone is having a great week!  I plan on enjoying my last day of warm weather today by running outside for the last time until the weather warms back up, and working and sanding outside.  It will be getting really cold and rainy down here tomorrow and through the weekend so I will not be making very many appearances outside :(   I don't do cold.

Check back this weekend and early next week to see my progress on these gorgeous pieces.  Plus I have some exciting news to share!

*****See finished makeovers here:  Click here for dressers

                                                           Click here for china cabinet

 photo Signature_zps5473e161.png

Follow Me!

 photo googleplustitanium_zps7c045137.png  photo rsstitanium_zps86d5562c.png  photo emailtitanium_zpsf8419ff0.png

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, those are all gorgeous.
    and if i had lots of money and a place to put them, i'd take all 3 from you.

    i love bow-front pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have this EXACT dresser. found at Restore and only paid $60. it's in fantastic shape too.

    ReplyDelete