Monday, August 17, 2015

White & Brass Modern/Art Deco Dresser

Hey, Hey.  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  Friday, I took the day off to hang out with my brother and sister in law.  They made the drive over to visit for the day!  She starts her new job today (good luck) along with many of my other teacher friends beginning the new school year...already.  Where did summer go?  Saturday was filled with work and so was much of Sunday.  Tons of projects going on around here.

There is so much to share with y'all this week!  Three dressers were updated recently and today I am sharing the first makeover with you.




This dresser had a horrible paint job.  Globs, drips, obvious brush strokes were all present.  And lets not even talk about that color.  Ew!












The client wanted to go white, always a great color, with brass hardware.  The top pull did not work for me so they were replaced with knobs that matched the bottom knobs. Also, the legs were plastic.  I have never seen such a thing.  The entire dresser was a little wobbly and unsteady so the plastic legs were replaced with wood legs that screw into brackets installed into the base of the dresser.  Now it is strong and steady.  The final look is great!













Tomorrow, I am going to show you the buffet my mom and I have been working on.  The final touches were done over the weekend and it is now in it's new home.


It. Is. Gorgeous!!  Here is a before picture.  Check back to see the makeover.







Have a great Monday!

 photo Signature_zps5473e161.png

4 comments:

  1. Great blog! I love all these images of stunning Vintage Dressing Table. This is really very exclusive and exquisite gift for your loved one. Vintage dressing table is the gift for wedding and also for home décor and also adds sparkle charm to your living room.

    ReplyDelete