Thursday, January 30, 2014

Hey There.

Hey, y'all.  I just wanted to give everyone a quick update.  Hopefully, all of you have stayed safe and warm in this crazy cold weather.  It has been miserable and I am off schedule but I promise I have been working.  Here is what I have been working on.



The elevator.

I have been trying to decide what I want to do in the elevator for a while now.  Although I haven't decided on the walls, I did decide on the floor.  I started sanding to see what I was dealing with.  Turns out it is solid wood so I have decided to stain the floor.  It will be a smooth transition from our vinyl wood in the house and stain holds up and is easier to fix than paint.  I have plenty of waterlox left over from our butcher block countertops and I have been putting a layer on everyday for the past few days.

I am still looking for brilliant ideas for the walls.  I don't want to add weight so it needs to be a painted design, wall paper or something similar.  Any suggestions?

Before sanding.



After sanding.







The coral table.

I started stripping the coral table.  What a mess.  I don't know what is wrong with the paint on the top of that table but it isn't even stripping correctly.  Geez.  I always start with my favorite stripper, Citristrip, since it isn't as hard on my skin if it get on me and it doesn't smell near as strong.  That stuff made a huge gooey mess.  Yuck.  I am bring out the serious stripper today.





Dresser and end tables.

These beautiful pieces were dropped off this weekend and I have been working hard on getting them transformed.  Love these!  Can't wait to show y'all their makeover.







Tomorrow I am going to show you a coffee and end table makeover and show you a super cute baby boy nursery that I got to do some furniture for.

Sorry for another boring week.  Blame the weather.  :)  I am looking forward to our 75 degree Saturday.  Yes, it was 24 degrees last night and will be 75 degrees in a few days.  That's Southeast Texas weather for you.

 photo Signature_zps5473e161.png
 photo googleplustitanium_zps7c045137.png  photo rsstitanium_zps86d5562c.png  photo emailtitanium_zpsf8419ff0.png

No comments:

Post a Comment