Thursday, September 26, 2013

Design Doubt

Happy Thursday!

Do you ever doubt your design plan?  Or you start putting your pieces together and things just aren't working for you?   Sometimes I visualize a design and I am so confident in it.  Example:  The outdoor seating area.  I saw those pillows and knew that the green door left by the previous owners would make a great table and the rug I saw on overstock.com would be a great base to bring everything together.   And I love that area and the colors.






I never had doubt in that design.  Yesterday, I started doubting my vision for our main living areas.  The other day I posted about coastal fabrics and that I was concentrating on the teal and navy blues.  Those colors were not my first choice.  I originally thought I would do navy and light blue (bird's egg like my entertainment center).



I changed my mind because our home is always a neutral color palette and I wanted to push myself to do something different. Now that everything is coming together, I am not loving the teal and I think I need to go back to the light blue.  This week is one of those weeks I am not sleeping very well which means I am dreaming a lot and last night I had nightmares about color.  ANNOYING.  Who has nightmares about color?!  Not sure if that is a sign or my mind trying to recoup from yesterday's shopping experience.

On a positive note, the kitchen backsplash is installed and I will be doing the grout today.  It looks so good!  The kitchen is starting to feel less like a construction zone and more like a functional kitchen everyday.  I only have to finish the final touch ups on the doors, install the doors, add knobs and grout the tile.  Then it is finished!  We are so excited!  I posted a little sneak peek on Facebook the other day. If you missed it, here it is.


Be sure to check back tomorrow to see a recap of our updates on the house!

3 comments:

  1. J'apprécie votre gentil message. Pendant très longtemps, cela a été très utile. J'espère que vous continuerez à nous transmettre vos connaissances. L'un des deux systèmes qui interprètent les points, les tirets et les espaces pour représenter les caractères alphabétiques, les valeurs numériques et les signes de ponctuation est connu sous le nom de code Morse. Visitez ce profil sur traducteur code morse pour en savoir plus.

    ReplyDelete