We have been in the house a month already! Somedays it feels like the month flew by and then I remember how exhausted I am and it feels like its been 3 months. There has been a lot of progress made but I have been too tired, too busy, or too whatever to post anything. Here is a list of what has been done so far.
- The ceilings, all trim, and walls in the living room, dining area, hallway, guest room and master bedroom have been painted (felt like it took forever) I love to paint but geez louise...I thought it was never going to end.
- Old fence tore out
- Concrete walkway broken up and hauled off
- Hurricane Blinds fixed (hired out)
- Built the fence - read about the start of the fence & flooring here: Flooring & Fencing
- Tilled the yard and laid sod
- Replaced ceiling fans
- Floors have been replaced in all rooms except bathrooms (hired out)
- Moved furniture that came with the house out
- Moved some of our furniture in
- Tore out old kitchen counter tops and backsplash
- Built a box for the refrigerator so it looks like a custom built in
- Crown moulding added to the kitchen
- Extra trim added to kitchen cabinets
- Kitchen cabinet bodies, doors and drawers have been prepped for paint
- New counter tops have been prepped for installation
- New lights installed in the hallway - read about it here: Let's Talk Lights
- Laundry Closet painted
- Washer & Dryer installed - read about it here: For the Love of Laundry
- His & Hers closets painted
- His & Hers closet organizers have been installed
- Outdoor furniture purchased and assembled
- Made a few trips back to Nederland for boxes in storage
- Went to the Phillip Phillips & John Mayer concert (so much fun!)
Thankfully we had family help us with the fence and laying the sod. When I list all the things we have done so far, it really is a lot of progress for one month and we did almost everything ourselves. A lot of it did myself, and my wonderful husband worked & helped as much as he could when he got home from work....even though he really wanted to go fishing. I told him not to bring the boat over yet, it would just mock him and tempt him :)
The kitchen will be ready for paint in the next few days and I can't wait to get that project done. I am ready to have a kitchen again! Here are a few pictures of progress:
|First weekend in the house. About to jack hammer the broken walkway.|
|Started with a chain link fence on both sides of the house.|
|Chain link is gone!|
|New fence with tilled and raked yard.|
|New Grass!!! We went with Palmetto St. Augustine. Supposed to|
be drought resistant and easy to maintain.
|Love the fence and new grass.|
|Sabine sticking her head through the deck railing.|
It will be replaced soon. This makes be nervous.
|Sweet Jaxson hanging out on the deck while I work.|
|Kitchen floor before. You can see the yucky blue carpet|
and the tile is the cheap, puffy sticky tiles. (They weren't that sticky)
|Refrigerator box. New crown moulding and trim.|
|New crown moulding and trim.|
|Our countertops. American Walnut butcher block.|
Waiting to be cured and cut.
|New paint color in the living room, dining room, and hallway.|
Finally brought up some of our own furniture.
There are tons more to show...and do. Things to do in the next week: I need to unpack our decor things and start decorating with our accessories. I need to find a 9-drawer dresser to refinish for our bedroom....our closets don't have space for folded clothes. Build my paint booth. We have picked our new exterior paint color but now I need to find a fence stain to coordinate with it. Everyone stains their fence here and they look so good. We are wanting to do the same but need to find a color we like and of course the samples in the store are not accurate to what it actually looks like on our fence wood. Finding a color has been a little harder than I thought.
Everything is coming together and hopefully things will slow down once the kitchen is done. All our new kitchen appliances and accessories are here and ready to be installed, I just have to get the cabinets painted which will start this week. Wish me luck!