Friday, April 24, 2015

Friday Update ~ 04/24/2015

Y'all.  Its Friday!

I know I missed last week.  The post was even typed up and ready, I just forgot to take pictures and get it finished.  Sorry.


FURNITURE

Right now I am working on a dining set.  It was painted by the client's friend.  She wasn't loving the result so she tried to fix it.  Now I am doing damage control times two.  The final look will be stained so I have been stripping and sanding off all the paint and furniture wax that was put on it.  It has stained beautifully and should be done this weekend.

Here is what they looked like before.








Sunday we are picking up a huge bedroom set that I am excited about.  She wants stained tops with painted and glazed bodies.  It should be a gorgeous makeover.


MASTER BATHROOM

The new vanity lights are ordered, the weird angle has been torn out and the new side replaced and the drawer fronts and doors have been sanded.  I am in the planning stages for our pull out laundry hamper.

Before the weird angle, paint, and wall paper were removed.


After.  Also, I brought in my sink the other day to see how everything looked and felt.





Now that the new vanity shape is done, we can put the new floor in and replace the toilet.  The flooring was ordered this week but is on back order so it won't get here until the end of May.  The bathroom work has really come to a stand still the past few weeks since I have been so busy with work, life and prepping for the trip.  I don't see much getting done in there until we get back.  I hope to get the vanity painted and the countertops ordered before we go so when we get back, everything will be here and available for us to finish up quickly.

MISC

Last week I posted about some cool iPhone camera lenses I have been using and I posted where we are visiting in Europe.  If you missed it, here are the cities we will be in.  Any tips and good food spot recommendations are appreciated.

We are flying to Frankfurt to stay with our parents near Mannheim then my brother, SIL, husband and I will head to Munich.  From there my brother and SIL are going to explore Austria and other parts of Germany on their own and Blittle and I are going to France.  We will be staying in a country side B&B in Normandy then we will be in Paris.  Here are a few of the things planned:
  • Castles and other cool landmarks with my parents
  • Food tour in Munich
  • Neuschwanstein Castle
  • Museums and varies other Munich activities
  • D-Day Beaches
  • Mont Saint Michel and/or Etretat
  • Caen, Bayeux, Honfleur and other coastal towns
  • Walking around Paris
  • Bicycle tour of Paris
  • Eat good food

Have a great and safe weekend!

 photo Signature_zps5473e161.png

1 comment: